Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Thing 16-Wiki

I like the how those libraries set up the wikis. Almost like a public message board for the customers when they're not in the library. I would have no problem trusting that I'm getting solid information from a library wiki.

Things like Wikipedia, in particular, really tick me off however. It's basically the Wild West when it comes to posting information. I frequent a message board where people actually brag about how they post blatently false information on Wikipedia just to see how long it stays up there. Another problem is that you have no way of knowing that whoever is moderating the boards there has any credibility or knowledge of the subject. The moderators are anonymous; which means there's no accountablity for what the "facts" are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home